Friday, May 4, 2007

Helpin' them little critters

So, this morning I dreamed that I was watching a penguin give birth. Except that, of course, it didn't lay eggs; it gave birth to live babies, all mammal-like (and the fact that it proceeded to nurse said babies means that I really should have paid more attention in biology).

The only problem was that, of course, this mama penguin couldn't care for all her young. So, because this is part of nature, she pushed 6 of her 7 babies away from her and onto the cold snow. Of course, not wanting these penguin babes to perish, I hurried after them and watched as they confidently slid on their bellies (penguin-style) down the snow and kind of gathered around me expectantly.

I said something to the effect of: "Okay, guys! Let's build an igloo!" Because, of course, I am way top-notch in my igloo-building skills. And also penguins normally live in igloos; you just don't hear about it on those nature shows.

And then I woke up.

Interpretation:

I really couldn't say. I could guess, of course, and my guess would be that the mama penguin represents my own desire for motherhood, and my taking care of penguin babies means that I'm a pretty darn good auntie, and the igloo represents...my...house? But other than that, I have no clue. Again.

1 comment:

Lizardbreath McGee said...

Oh! I just got it! It's been chilly here in Utah. Thus, igloos. I am a genius.