Monday, May 7, 2007

What's up with all this anxiety???

Holy--what's up with all of these anxiety dreams???

This morning I woke up from another doozy. (Well, not a real doozy, I guess. Just kind of a sort-of-doozy. A fake, or pseudo-doozy, if you will.)

This time, I was driving out to Boston in (what I believe was) a U-Haul truck, which I have determined is probably the cheapest way for me to get out there (although at $1600 buckaroos I'm pretty hesitant to call it cheap).

First of all, in this dream, I kept taking the wrong road...like I would head south when I was supposed to go north, or I couldn't find the freeway after I exited (foolishly) to find foodstuffs. Also, every time I stopped, there was some sort of evil magician or sorceress threatening a group of young children, so necessarily, I'd have to stop and give assistance, battling axe-weilding giant trees with my summoning of cranky flying pilot whales. (Oh, you think I jest???)

Finally, we (I now have two siblings with me, for some reason) arrive at a city that's completely frozen over from this terrible ice-storm. Then I find out that we're in New Orleans. (Why New Orleans? Just. Don't. Ask.) I realize that we're terribly off course, so I keep trying to figure out which direction we need to go to A: get out of town and B: get somewhat more north of there.

Oh, and also, I keep falling asleep at the wheel. (Of course, this part may have come from the fact that I was trying to wake up from the dream so I could get out and (HA!) exercise this morning, but I just wasn't able to drag my lazy self away from my covers.

So, done.

Interpretation:

Last night, I felt much more directionless than I feel tonight. I mean, I had a direction, I guess, it was just studded (quite generously) with uncertainties such as, oh, how on earth I'm going to pay for everything and how I'm going to get out to Boston and when I'm going and who's going with me and what route we're going to take...

Things were a mite bit upheavaly.

However, tonight, I feel much more at peace about the whole thing. (And I found out I've gotten loans enough to cover all my tuition expenses, and remain in debt for roughly the next 20 to 80 years, which, oddly enough, has put my mind considerably more at ease.)

So, when I sleep tonight, I will not dream about pilot whales nor freeways that turn into taffy. (Oh. Forgot to mention that part.) I'll dream about unicorns again, I'm sure, which opens up another nice large and smelly bucket o' worms.

3 comments:

Pat said...

Maybe this unicorn will be a beautiful sparkly white one with wings that will fly you to your destination stress free - first class all the way...and the baby penguins will serve you chocolate chip cookies!

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

Wow - your dreams are a lot more fun than mine. I do get to fly sometimes, but there is a disappointing lack of sorceresses, and I don't recall ever successfully summoning a pilot whale. Some people have all the luck.

Lizardbreath McGee said...

Thanks, Pat! I'm especially hoping for the chocolate-chip-cookie-serving penguins. (Dream cookies don't have calories, I believe.)

And Kim, seriously--if you had been around these pilot whales, you would not have been envious. They really were pretty darn cranky.