Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Snippets

I had a dream this morning before I woke up. I know I did. I just...can't really remember it.

All I have now are vague snapshots of the dream, such as cupping roses in my two hands and inhaling their rich scent, or going through a multi-leveled library in search of something...

And that's about it. Bah. Darn forgetting-inducing alarm clock.

Interpretation:

Okay. There just simply isn't enough to go on here, but at least I know what the rose thing is from. It's similar to what Beauty does in Robin McKinley's Rose Daughter (which I started to reread but didn't finish because my sister is borrowing it) when she discovers roses for the first time and cups them in her hands as if they were (I believe this is how it's worded) the face of her sweetheart. Nice image. Apparently I wanted to do the same thing because, man, I was seriously into those roses in the dream. (At least...I seem to recall that I was...)

1 comment:

Your Name said...

I have dreams of being in a library a lot. . .most of the time, the library is packed with everything I could ever want: food, comfy couches, and most importantly lots and lots of books. I always hate waking up from those dreams.